RSS Savvy v1.7 Beta Program on Google Play
If you want to try out new fixes and features sooner such as...
...then you may want to join the Beta program. If you want the opportunity to give feedback on new features and help influence the app's future direction, this is also your opportunity! Or, if you just want to help out making this app better by helping with final testing, I'd appreciate your help.
- New context menus to delete all items above or below in the list.
- Enhanced https redirect support. (Several popular feeds have switch over to https recently and had stopped working)
- Improved ad-blocking to prevent a number of popular feeds from redirecting to a blank page after a few seconds.
- Increased cache lifetime to prevent deleted articles coming back from the dead after long feed outages.
- Updates to the feed library.
Will I get less stable software?
I won't push anything out on Beta until the quality is at a point where I'd previously have released (prior to the Beta program). With 8931 different types of phones and tablets to support, (and I only have 6 devices of my own to test with) it's difficult to catch every possible issue, so I am hoping the Beta program will help catch any fringe cases. If anything, you will see improved quality as you get the latest enhancements and fixes sooner.
It's simple to join...
Simply email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Use the Gmail account you use in Google Play (or include that in your email) and I'll send you an opt-in link, after which the next version will appear for you in Google Play. If you change your mind, simply let me know and I'll remove you again.